I. GENERAL INFORMATION:
- presents principles of processing and manner of protecting personal data of users of the website https://mercor.com.pl (further as “the website”), to which copyrights are held by “MERCOR” S.A. with its registered office in Gdańsk, address: 80-408 Gdańsk, ul. Grzegorza z Sanoka 2, registered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court Gdańsk-Północ in Gdańsk, 7th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS 0000217729, with share capital (paid in): PLN 3,914,633.75, Tax Identification No. (NIP) 584-030-22-14, REGON 008047521, BDO 000069623 (further also as “Company” or “MERCOR”);
- regulates the conditions of using the Company’s trademarks and logo as well as the content and materials placed on the website;
- provides information on cookie files used on the website.
- MERCOR does not take any responsibility for any websites available via links placed on MERCOR’s website as well as for administering such external websites.
- The website does not contain any content that infringes third party rights, including intellectual property rights, applicable legal regulations, as well as any information that may pose threat to anyone’s privacy or safety.
II. PERSONAL DATA:
- The controller of personal data received via the website is MERCOR.
- MERCOR processes personal data according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (further “the GDPR”) and other applicable personal data protection regulations.
- MERCOR has implemented adequate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure security of personal data processing.
- MERCOR processes personal data in order to enable website users to maintain their business relations with the Company, especially to use the materials and content placed in sections that require logging. Personal data may also be collected and processed in connection with applications, made via the website, to participate in events, training sessions and contests organized by MERCOR, subscriptions for newsletters (personal data processed in order to send a newsletter) or for recruitment purposes.
- Any information received by MERCOR shall not be used for commercial or marketing purposes.
- Personal data are provided on a voluntary basis; however, failure to provide the data (in specific situations) prevents the user to use certain functions of the website (for example, for an EDU project, it will not be possible to collect contact details, and therefore to provide any feedback or materials). In particular, MERCOR will not be able to share any materials or information, send a newsletter or make or perform any contract. Also, providing the data for contact purposes is voluntary, but necessary for such purpose.
- MERCOR processes personal data received via the website for the duration of the purpose of such processing for example for the duration of negotiations, fulfilment of a contract or services provided after termination thereof, until expiry of the limitation period for any relevant claims or the limitation period for tax liabilities, whichever is longer. Article 6(1)(a) and Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR is the legal basis for processing personal data.
- Data related to network traffic analysis collected via cookie files or similar technologies can be stored until a cookie file expires. Some cookie files never expire; therefore, the time of storing the data will be equal to the time needed by the controller (MERCOR) to achieve the purposes of data collection such as ensuring security and analysis of historical data related to traffic on the website.
- Recipients of personal data received via the website are MERCOR’s employees and collaborators. In addition, the Company may become required to disclose collected personal data upon request from courts, Police, central or local administration bodies or other authorities.
- In general, MERCOR will process personal data only in the territory of the Republic of Poland. Exceptions may apply to statistical and analytical data. In such situation MERCOR transfers personal data to the so-called “third country” within the meaning of the GDPR, namely the United States of America. The United States of America is a country that does not belong to the European Economic Area and does not meet high standards of personal data protection applicable in the European Union. However, personal data are safe – we use a legal mechanism of personal data transfer between the European Union and the United States of America. MERCOR entrusts processors (for example Google) with the processing of personal data on the basis of entrustment agreements containing Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC). The SCC are model clauses accepted by the European Union and mentioned in Article 46(2)(c) of the GDPR that are aimed at facilitating the transfer of personal data while ensuring the level of data protection required by the GDPR.
- While processing personal data received via the website, no automated decision making, including profiling, will take place.
- According to applicable personal data protection regulations, each website user whose personal data are processed, has the right to access their personal data, to rectify, delete, limit the processing thereof, transfer the data, make an objection to or withdraw their consent for processing at any time, for example to remove data from the subscribers’ list or recruitment list. Please send any requests in that regard to the e-mail address provided below. The user’s rights and requests shall not affect the lawfulness of processing performed on the basis of the consent expressed prior to withdrawal thereof.
- MERCOR reserves the right to refuse to remove the user’s data if the retention thereof is needed for the purposes of satisfying claims or if it is required by applicable legal regulations.
- In case you have any questions concerning personal data protection or intend to use your rights, please contact MERCOR via dedicated e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each website user who is the data subject and finds that their personal data have been processed in violation of applicable legal regulations, has the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
III. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS:
- Any texts, graphics, logo, trademarks, images, films or other files placed on the website are the property of MERCOR and are protected by Intellectual Property Rights. They can be used according to the following conditions.
- Copying or using any content, photos, films or other materials protected by Intellectual Property Rights for commercial or professional purposes is acceptable only after the MERCOR’s consent or based on a relevant agreement.
- MERCOR’s trademarks and logo can be used only after a relevant agreement is made with MERCOR.
- Any use or dissemination of trademarks, logo or legally protected content from the website without MERCOR’s authorization may infringe the law and be protected by the courts
IV. COOKIE FILES:
- While browsing the website, cookie files are used. Cookies are small text information recorded on the user’s terminal device. They are used in order to ensure proper functioning of the website.
- Cookie files used by MERCOR are safe for the user’s devices. It is not possible for any viruses, unwanted software or malware to enter the user’s devices via the cookie files. Cookie files help identify the software used by the user and adapt the website to their needs. Cookie files usually contain the name of the domain from which they originate, retention time on the device and assigned value
- MERCOR uses two types of cookie files:
a) session cookies that are stored on the website user’s device and remain there until a browser session is closed. Any recorded information is then permanently removed from the memory of the user’s device. The session cookie mechanism does not allow for retrieving any personal data or confidential information from the user’s device;
b) permanent cookies that are stored on the website user’s device and remain there until they are deleted. Closing of a browser session or shutting off of the device does not result in deleting the cookies from the user’s device. The permanent cookie mechanism does not allow for retrieving any personal data or confidential information from the user’s device.
- MERCOR uses cookie files in order to:
- better adapt the content and structure of the website to individual preferences of the user; the files recognize the user’s device in order to display the website according to the user’s preferences;
- prepare statistics to learn about the users’ preferences and behaviour; analysis of such statistics is anonymous and helps adapt the content and appearance of the website to prevailing trends; statistics is also used for assessing the popularity of the website.
- Cookie files can also be used by advertising networks, especially Google network, in order to display advertisements adapted to the manner of using websites by the user. Information about the user’s navigation path or time spent on the website can be retained for that purpose.
- As regards information about the user’s preferences collected by Google advertising network, the user can browse and edit the information from cookie files by means of the tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- The website user can change cookie files settings individually at any time by specifying the conditions for cookie files to remain on and gain access to the user’s device. The settings mentioned in the preceding sentence can be
changed by means of browser settings or by means of service configuration. The settings can be changed in such a manner as to block the automatic handling of cookie files in the browser settings or notify the user each time they are placed on the device. Detailed information on the possibility and manners of handling cookie files is available on the software settings (Internet browser).
- The website user can delete cookie files at any time by using functions available on the Internet browser they use:
a) Internet Explorer,
g) Safari (iOS),
h) Windows Phone,
- Limitation of use of cookie files can affect certain functionalities available on the website.